5.13.2009

Ashley Olsen For V MAN




Ashley Olsen stripped down to strike a few moody poses for the upcoming Summer issue of V MAN, which hits newsstands this Thursday. She chatted with Marc Jacobs about her forthcoming men's collection for The Row, and the two designers also touched on her work ethic and the differences between her and Mary-Kate.


* On doing a "celebrity line": "The way I look at it, I had a career as a child. I had a career in an industry in which the media kind of. . . they're obsessed with the young girl thing. But when I turned 18, I moved to New York, and I haven't really done anything to be a celebrity. I've been transitioning from acting as a kid to doing something that I'm choosing for myself — to be a part of the fashion industry. . . the outside perception is very different because you do have celebrity brands, people like Jessica Simpson and Kimora Lee Simmons, and those are celebrity brands because they have their names on them."

* On working with Mary-Kate: "The Row is really something that I'm doing while my sister still wants to focus on acting. She's my partner in The Row, but she trusts me with the every day. I mean, I see her like ten times a day."

* On being different from her twin sister: "When I was 14, 15, 16, 17, it was harder because the two of us were still very similar. We had to work through what's special about us, and then the media had to work through it. . . I've never been one to engage the media to say that I'm different. I actually did the opposite and I totally went internal. I was like, "See y'all!" I want to be behind the scenes, and I don't want people to know anything about my personal life. I have a job, I take it very seriously, and I work really hard."

ONTD/olsen-files

42 comments:

  1. loving the darker locks :)



    truly cool.





    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing! Thanks for posting this!


    http://www.fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she can look really different... kind of gets into different moods according to the clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am listen. What Ashley said.....

    mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope that the magazine store that I go to has this mag there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning!
    It's good to see Ashley on a magazine! So rare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She can have so many different looks and always look incredible.. not many people can look equally as amazing with long dark hair with thick bangs and then shorter straighter blonde hair without bangs! I love the look of this shoot she looks stunning and the outfits rock

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not like this at al! I hate the wig, it did not look good on her at al. The two pictures in the middle were not that bad, but overal ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this spread on about a million blogs today, but I still love to look at it! She looks gorgeous with dark air and fringe, she should rock it on a regular basis =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very bizarre...I don't know how to feel about it. It's okay, I guess. It has a David Lynch feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley is definitely my fave Olson twin...these quotes makes me like her even more! Not sure I like the darker hair though..

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am enamored. http://enamored-alifeofindulgence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely different, it's weird they are twins and all, but I dont like ashley with darker hair, although I love mk with both darker and lighter hair. I cant wait to read the whole interview, I never cease to be un-interested in these two!

    ReplyDelete
  15. saw this on the cut @ nymag - ashley looks great as a brunette. much more mysterious. lol.

    xox.
    The Voguette

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, she looks so different. don't like her with dark hair, though. remember when she dyed her hair a couple of years ago. i didn't like it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is truly amazing,
    Love the mood she sets in this shoot

    http://fubbzonwilliam.blogspot.com/

    Please visit my blog, i just started today!

    i need followers!

    smo0ches

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think i may like her better with darker hair

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could not see that it was her without study her wery closly. o.O So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is it just me...she kinda looks like Katy Perry in these pics...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore the first picture! And in the 2nd and 3rd she looks so like MK!

    adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. the last picture is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. totally different look for her. love it.
    xx
    chicthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know she probably didn't do anything... but does it not look as if her lips are MUCH bigger than usual??

    ReplyDelete
  25. she's too Madonna in these pictures. the hair, the poses and even the expressions. but I liked it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  26. one word comes to mind: Smokin.

    jess s//

    ReplyDelete
  27. these photos and the quotes from the interview remind me of why i love ashley. also, i think she looks very angelina jolie in the first picture... i love love love mk and i think i'm more into her style, but ashley rules too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ashley don't like to me Chantal Feyt. you ass .Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is gorgeus... i love the photos with the lamp!!!

    http://mikyscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like her with dark hair- not sure about this wig's cut though but she looks striking doing the light eyes/dark hair look!

    http://www.wreckedstellar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I actually adore this! Who ever knew she looked so great with such dark hair? I'm hoping now that she decides to make her hair like this all the time. I didn't luke the straight blond hair so much, I think they both look better with wavy hair and I think she looks great.
    Love what can be seen of the outfits too :)

    I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and I still love it so much. It is definitely the best olsen blog I've found :) keep it up, please!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG!! i love the photos! she adorable!!!

    XO.

    http://houseofpumpkin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. holymoley love it!

    <3 mo

    come visit!

    buttonsandbowsla.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Uh, I hate it. The light's bad, & the styling too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. i dont like these pictures actually.
    kimora really became a celebrity after taking on baby phat. not so much before.
    i really respect ashley since she is more serious about her lines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...